Saturday, October 12, 2013

Introductions Are in Order

Hello. My name is Matt, and I crochet.

I do lots of other stuff, too, but this particular blog is going to focus on what, why, and sometimes how I crochet.

One must assume if you're reading this blog, you are probably a relative, a friend, a crochet enthusiast, or lost on the internet. You are all welcome! Here is what you can expect from me:

Relatives and Friends
If you're brave enough to admit you're in this category, you probably know what to expect. I'm going to try to be witty/entertaining... Oh, yes, there will be puns. I'm going to try to honor God in what I post/discuss. I'm going to give you a least a partial explanation for all those times you've asked yourselves, "How does his mind work? Where does he come up with these things? Why doesn't he think before he speaks?"

Crochet Enthusiasts
I am one of you. I am atypical of our demographic. That will become more and more obvious as time passes. I have considered doing a biography of sorts and describing who I am and where I come from, but I think that is better revealed anecdotally, through the stories I intend to tell about my creations.

I am not going to follow conventional crocheting blogging practices, operating under the following assumptions:

1. Most of you know how to crochet, so I'm not going to focus on the mechanics. What I do is simple with respect to technique. You will be able to do the same things I do, and they will look better than mine. I've seen your work, and you're really good! I do not use patterns, so don't ask my exactly how I did something. I will describe what I'm doing in general terms, and every once in a great while, I will provide a detailed explanation, complete with pictures. I can't wait to see what you make!

2. Many of you cruise sites like this so you can get new ideas. I have lots of new ideas. Innovation and creative thinking are two of my strengths. I can't wait to collaborate with you!

3. Some of you will be offended by my work since it's so non-traditional. That's okay... I still love you. I may not always post your comments, but I can't wait to see what you write!

4. A few of you will be kindred spirits and really get me. You will move to the "Relatives and Friends" category. I can't wait to meet you!

People Lost on the Internet
Although not on purpose, you have come to the right place! The world of crochet is fascinating, and you will marvel at what people can do with yarn, time, creativity, and passion. I hope you enjoy your stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment